ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headphones

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Ive done a search and a few people have asked about these but my budget is slightly different than the ones I have been looking at on here. I want some really decent headphones. Budgetwise around the £300. I mainly listen to dubstep so I the beats by dre were the default choice. I want somthing that looks good aswel. But any others worth considering? I could stretch the budget if they were worth the extra few quid.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/beats-...3-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR~Audio~02904343

Citroen DS3 White
I just bought some Klipsh Image One.

They are supposed to be very good although these are not up to your budget. Come with a case too as they are either on my head or in my work bag/luggage getting battered.
I looked at the Beats ones and they are too flimsy for me, wasn't impressed. Try some AIAIAI TMA1's, if I had the cash, I would splash on them.

M135i
I've just bought some Grado SR60i's. Can't have them until xmas by order of the wench, but they outshone everything else I listened to in the shop at a similar price.

It also depends if you want closed or open backs and what environments you'll be using them in. It really is best to go to a decent Hi-fi shop and have a listen with your own music. Rather than Comet who have 20+ phones all plugged in to the same source which of course will effect sound quality and will never have the music you want to listen to.

DCi
i got a set of beats audio headphones with my phone which i thought was nice. i was really careful with them but something has started rattling inside one of the ear pieces which is a bit shoddy and annoying and i dont really want to break seals to get it out.

so whenever i move my head i rattle and it's well annoying :(

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I bought Beat Studio's in the end if anyones interested. Fantastic headphones imo.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Each to their own, personally I like them. Suit my music tastes down to the ground.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
If you have a £300 headphone budget, the last ones you want to be looking at are beats, if in ear i'd go atomic floyd superdarts, i have some they are fantastic, if you want over ear i'd go grad sr325is

Cupra
I struggle to justify more than £50 on headphones, so went for some AKG K518's recently. They have fantastic sound (and bass) compared to anything else I tried. Sack walking around with them on outside the house/ office though.

Not a 320d
I wouldn't pay huge amounts for headphones either, but I can sort of understand why people do.

I've just bought a set of these for £25. Down from £50.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/6034994/art/panasonic/rp-htx7-headphones-blue.html

Hardly awesome but I'll only be listening to podcasts and ipod tunes anyway.

A good amp and some lossless audio files will make all the difference. The price of beats will get you some decent cans and a cheapish amp like Fiio or similar.

The problem with beats is they have Dr Dre branding. Its like Mulberry bags. Probs worth 20% of the retail price.

They have great bass and good sound isolation which is the only good point about them. The mids and highs and the build quality are literally appauling. If they were worth £100 I could sort of understand people buying them. But £230 .... F!CK ME !!! Open your eyes FFS.

Cant get my head around Grado either. Theyre great, the whole range is, but the sound signature isnt something I can get my head round after listening to neutral cans like AGK K701's fo the last year.

Trying to convince my mate to let me buy his denon ah 5k's with custom wire atm. Best sounding cans ive ever heard.

Last edited: