ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit stalk LCD problems

Hi, I have a BG 2004 182 I just bought and it has a problem with the headunit. The radio dosnt work (CD player works) and neither does the buttons on the stalk, also it does not show up on the LCD Screen and the time is very hard to see so I though that could be broke too.

The headunit is the standard Cabasse one as far as I can tell but the guy I bought it from had fitted an aftermarket headunit and sound system as well as a Nokia hands free kit so there seems to be wires everywhere even seen some speaker wire in under the grille.

My dads friend was round fixing up the electrics on my dads jeep today so I had him have a look and he couldnt get it working, although handily he had a Megane and took his HU out and put it in and although he couldnt get the stalk controls to work the lcd display showed (still a bit dim but better) and the radio was working but the stalk problem persisted.

So what could be causing this? He said I should get a new headunit as most of the wiring seems fine and he said as his stalk was different on the Megane that maybe thats why it wasnt working or it could be that I need a new stalk.

So is this the case and should and get another HU for the car and hope that this fixes all the faults, also what could be the problem with the LCD display?

Thanks for any help