ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heart Internet wtf?

Not a Clio
Many, many years ago I paid for a domain with Heart Internet and then decided not to use it.

This morning I see this e-mail:

Dear [deleted],

Despite previous warnings an attempt to renew the following product has failed:-

domain (.co.uk Renewal) = £5.18+VAT

Reason:
Your card has expired

The product has now been disabled. Please log into your control panel and update the payment details:-

https://customer.heartinternet.co.uk/manage/renewals.cgi

If payment is not received within 7 days this matter will be passed to a debt collection agency. If the debt remains unpaid we reserve the right to pass these details to a credit reference agency.

Best Wishes,

Heart Internet Sales

Tel: 0845 644 7750
Fax: 0845 644 7740
E-mail: sales@heartinternet.co.uk
Web: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are
not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message or any part of it.

Heart Internet Ltd accepts no responsibility for information,
errors or omissions in this email.

Since when do you get sent to debt collection for not paying for a domain renewal? Last time I checked it's the customers choice to renew or not and if you don't then you lose it.

Not a Clio
Sneaky f*****s. Recovered my username/password and logged into my Heart account to find some small print saying "Please note that non-payment of hosting accounts does not constitute cancellation." and it was set to auto renew on expiry!

Formally Clio 182
To be honest, I think they are doing it within your favour as you may be away or not received an email for renewal.

You usually have to manually opt-out these days.

I'd be gutted if one of my domains got put available again without me realising.

Not a Clio
Managed to cancel it and I believe they're not charging me, although trying to get a straight confirmation is proving a challenge.