ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heat shield for induction kit

clio 03 1.6 16v
yeh i think this could be asome handy info, but tbh i have an open induction aswell, and i hate it, way to much heat soak n it drives me nuts!
maybe try get some carbon fibre or sumthin? some reflective aluminium tape or watever?

CLIO Iceberg 172
why dnot you re-rout the filter to behind the headlight, almost zero heat soak there

clio 03 1.6 16v
i personally dont know where to get the stuff to do that, i have the ktec carbon one at £100 the ramcharger and its rubbish, how would i re-eoute that? it has that crome piping rubbish.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
May help but a clio sport engine bay is just an oven lol, really need to get an induction sytem down by the front of the batterey wear fresh/cool air will be..

clio 03 1.6 16v
i know it sais heat sheild mate, but its metal, metal in heats= heated up metal! go and put an aluminium plate in the sun for half an hour n see if its hot.. same thing! i have the k-tec induction pipe n that gets roasting after the engine has been running for a while.

ibiza cupra
i found one for a tenner so i got it just to try it if it dont work then i aint lost a fortune and at worst it brings a bit of bling to my engine but i think it does keep the air a bit cooler because as said metal in the heat = hot metal but metal in cold air = cold metal so even if it just collects the cold air from the feed that would ussually get dispersed around the engine bay and directs it to the ik then its better than nothing. well that the way i justified it to myself anyway lol heres the pics
Image0004.gif

Image0003.gif

Image0002.gif

thought id give it a clean as it was off
Image0001.gif

and the arty farty shot
Image009copy.gif

if you look on the last shot the shield is turned round more as i thought most of the heat would come from that area. just in case any one spots it and wonders why?

Ph1
i know it sais heat sheild mate, but its metal, metal in heats= heated up metal! go and put an aluminium plate in the sun for half an hour n see if its hot.. same thing! i have the k-tec induction pipe n that gets roasting after the engine has been running for a while.

If your engines getting that hot that a piece of metal shielding is heating up to a temperature where heat rays come off and thus causing heat soak theres something seriously a miss with your engine :eek:

In any case, you wont get that much heat soak when the cars in forward motion

clio 03 1.6 16v
yeh its because of where the radiator hoses n s**t are! then theres the radiator so its no wonder theres so much heat around that area!