ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat shield

I have a week of work and want to spend some time on my motor, i am hoping to design and fit a heat shield and some ducting for my induction kit. Has anyone done this before and if so can you offer advice or pics. any help would be great
cheers in advance

Green air filter, i saw a couple of examples at a recent rolling road day, so it can be done, one suggestion ive had is to do it in cardboard first to get the size and shape right.

thats what you want to do mate. I have made one out of a special K packet so far but dont think its the shape I want. Anyway my ol man can have them made up in stainless steel for me so I can just keep changing my design. Ive got a few cold air feeds on mine and half the induction kit stays a nice running temp is just the other half that gets hot at the mo.

If I can shield the other half and get yet another cold air feed pipe in to bounce air of the shield and back onto the kit I reckon I could just have done it.

What sort of shields did you see at this rolling road then mate.

The roar is amazing though so Id never get rid of the kit

Jon16v
The ones i saw at the rolling road day looked really good, sort of a semi circle around the filter on the engine side, seemed to be made of aluminium or brushed stainless steel. I need one