ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heavy clutch - valver

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
After my clutch cable snapped yesterday as i was about to leave for work :( I had a replacement fitted by a local garage but now my clutch pedal is much heavier. The mechanic informed me that this could be becuase the clutch was on its last legs? Is this true? as it was fine before the new cable went on and there isnt any slip in the clutch at all.

Dan

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
well thats what i was thinking, i did get charged an hours labour at £46 + VAT, so he should have done it properly! GRR

1.8 Civic EX
they are heavy normally anyway....but if it's not a genuine Renault be prepared for it to go again in a matter of months....

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
just checked with the garage and it wasnt a genuine renault part! :( Arg :( This car has cost me so much money/time and hassle in two weeks its unreal.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Cost me like £700 quid or more within 2 weeks of owning the b**ch. Clutch better not be going, its only done 28k

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
mostly labour costs, cam belt/aux belt + fitting, both front top mounts + fitting, Oil, filter, Denso plugs, ITG filter, clutch cable + fitting and towing. I think there is more but i cannot think at the moment.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
A genuine clutch cable costs £14.70 + vat - part number is 7700829067. You must also fit a new clutch pedal stop £1.44 + vat part number 7700829101. The clutch cable has a built in adjuster and must be routed in a specific way so it does not cause strain on the cable ( outcome of heavy clutch ) when you buy a new cable from renault they include a diagram of how you are meant to route the new cable.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Cheers Matt, ill have a moan at the garage shortly :)

EDIT: just off the phone to them, according to the guy that fitted it there was only one obvious way to fit it along all the specifed clips.

Last edited:
  clio 172 sport
i believe bb tuning do a soft clutch pedal conversion mate check them out.my valver had a really heavy clutch and mine was fine.

i would have thought they fitted a cheap copy cable bout an inch shorter then the proper one which shocked me, they only last a year or so as well