ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hellingly Asylum - 05/04/09

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
My first visit to an abandon asylum. Went with a few urban explorers and other photographers. Such an awesome place!

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Thanks all.

@ Revels
We had no issue. One of the Urban Explorers ran into security whilst they were on a tour and explained that a big group of us wanted to come.

Security just let us in, showed us a bit of the place and told us stories. He realised we were cautious and mature enough so left us to it. No need to break in. :)

BMW F31
that place is literally 5 minutes from my house.

didnt realise the place was of so much interest.

any pics of the outside?

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
If you guys want to go, we have the number for the security there and I think we might head back ourselves. We didnt break in which was great since the sniffers they had were a bit too bonkers for my liking.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Very nice set. Looks a bit spooky though. Did you feel uncomfortable while you were walking around?

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Very nice set. Looks a bit spooky though. Did you feel uncomfortable while you were walking around?
There was a big group of us. Security and the urban explorers will not venture into places like this at night.

Since there was a big group, we did split up into smaller groups. I did wonder off but made sure the group I was with was within listening distance. Still does get easy to lose yourself.

Nice, good set if that's your first explore :)

What were you shooting on? Loving the DoF on some of those :cool:

EDIT: posted at the same time as D lol

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Amazing shots. What Lens/Camera are you using?

Nice, good set if that's your first explore :)

What were you shooting on? Loving the DoF on some of those :cool:

EDIT: posted at the same time as D lol
On all the ones here. It was a Canon 5D Classic and the Canon 85 1.8.

I did have a tripod, Sigma 12-24 and a Canon 17-40L but there is so much to see, things like tripods and HDR would be nice but would have been too slow.

Feel free to browse through the rest on my Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/31584547@N05/sets/72157616398011404/

Few other shots which I have not posted which I love.

Tripod = essential exploring equipment! Especially when it gets dark.

But then I'm shooting off a £140 fuji in a falling down building, not a ££££ Canon, you crazy man LOL

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Tripod = essential exploring equipment! Especially when it gets dark.

But then I'm shooting off a £140 fuji in a falling down building, not a ££££ Canon, you crazy man LOL
I bought it with me but used max 5 times. So out of 361 photos I took for the day, pointless. :(

How did you get in? Thought they had put a tight nit on security since I last ventured inside!!

*edit - just seen! You were lucky - they have been very strict up there before!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Got some good skills there! Nice Choices on your Lenses! I'm considering a 10-22 IIRC the 12-24 is around the same price. Making me want to push the button asap!!

I wouldn't mind going along to one of these group trips...

182 & Porsche 986
good photos, something about these urban explorer pictures in places like hospitals i find a bit weird.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
How did you get in? Thought they had put a tight nit on security since I last ventured inside!!

*edit - just seen! You were lucky - they have been very strict up there before!
Yup, I heard stories about being being locked in or chased. The guy who organised it, very responsible since he has been telling us about these places.
Got some good skills there! Nice Choices on your Lenses! I'm considering a 10-22 IIRC the 12-24 is around the same price. Making me want to push the button asap!!

I wouldn't mind going along to one of these group trips...
Ill post up an event once I can find a day where I am free again.
good photos, something about these urban explorer pictures in places like hospitals i find a bit weird.
I did find strange but to see something that I have NEVER seen in my life before is just amazing.

I went in there many times when I was younger, but sadly before I got in to photography, a lot of the really moody stuff is too dangerous to reach now due to the floors giving in an ceilings coming down... the padded cell is just plain scary!

great pics too!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
I went in there many times when I was younger, but sadly before I got in to photography, a lot of the really moody stuff is too dangerous to reach now due to the floors giving in an ceilings coming down... the padded cell is just plain scary!

great pics too!
Was great, I cant see how I could not go there without a camera. There is so much to see.

We came across a few levels with bad floors. Had to be super careful.

As for the padded cell. No longer there. Well the padding has all gone. :(

BMW F31
If you guys want to go, we have the number for the security there and I think we might head back ourselves. We didnt break in which was great since the sniffers they had were a bit too bonkers for my liking.

sounds like a plan :D