ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hello Cliosport

vw golf
Ive just popped over from passionford to say hello and get some info on the humble clio,
ive noticed a trend on passionford where some well known people are turning their attention to running the clio 172 as a budget track toy.

to say the least its grabbed my intrest aswell,

not sure if they use this site but Chip, Porkie and Tank mike are a few names on PF that run clios of some varient.

just been reading a rather intresting 172 turbo build by tankmike making almost 260bhp using a standard bottom end.

so there you have it,
Im Mark. a true ford enthusiast who currently drives a golf gti with an intrest in the clio, lol

Fiesta ST-3
Re: hello Cliospport

Welcome to the site Mark. I personally have no interest in track days but there are a lot of members on here that do. Chip is the only member that rings a bell. Lots of people now going for the clio as a cheap track toy. Not much needs to be done to get a lot of fun out of them.

Have a look in the track section.

Scott.

vw golf
Re: hello Cliospport

cheers Scott,
Ill be taking a look. Chip is a very knowledgable chap. always enjoy reading his write ups as they are explained in such a way that even an idiot could understand.

the price of the 172 is very reasonable

WRX
Er hello. This is a fast spreading disease.
Yes they are all on here to mate. Chip and tankmike use aliases to protect their identities lol.

WRX
It is mate, wealth of info found ready for mine when I get it.If you're looking at getting one it's definitely worth paying the membership on here.

vw golf
cheers mate, I was desperate to get back into RS ownership again as thats where my heart really is, but after seeing all these clios popping up and
the comments being made about them by people who have been in the Ford scene for many years has made me wonder if I was making the right choice.
I really dont have the disposable money at the moment to run a cossie and dont really want any other RS so I am looking at the 172 since £2.5k or less seems to get a great car.

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Phase 1, end thread lol. You should get a nice car from someone off here. Welcome btw

Dan