ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello cliosport

172 CUP&S3 black Ed
Hello cliosport, my name is David and I am from north east Scotland.

Joined the forum in search of something to use as a fun car, so the 172 cup seems to fit the bill!

I have come from mostly a vag background, I have not had a French motor since my first car!

Few pics of my past cars...

First car.
Davspictures014.jpg

Second.
Davspictures054.jpg

Third.
DSC01349.jpg

Forth. (Wife's)
DSC00287.jpg

Fifth.
7991544059_3d67934af9.jpg

I have just sold this car, amazing car! :(

Sixth. (Wife's)
6026439845_8af63f6e08.jpg

Just sold this a few months back for this...

Seventh (wife's)
audi2.jpg

I have had a few nails over the years also, mk4 polo 1.6, polo saloon, polo estate

I am currently running a mk2 caddy van

172 CUP&S3 black Ed
The leon has been the best car I have ever owned! This one was stage 1 310bhp/280 lbft, AP coilovers, aero skirts and spoiler, super pro poly bushed front end, miltek cat back, TD pro race 1.2s. It has had 5 or 6 different sets of wheels on it. Posted a 14.0 1/4 mile @ 104 mph with completely standard engine software (seats removed and sticky tyres fitted).

I had it for 3 years and every day it put a smile on my face! :)

P2261782edited.jpg

7991550082_0a3e606ff6.jpg

P9156476 by Dav's keen photography, on Flickr

Try the keen photography link Tom.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
hi ive just brought a cup my self ive always loved classic minis but the cup has changed that i owed a 172 a few years ago still went bk to a mini but the cup is a different animal to all cars ive owned

172 CUP&S3 black Ed
The s3 is great, it showed up the only flaw with the Leon and that is traction...

It's the s tronic box too, so it's a delight around the town. So far it's been a great car, not really been out on a full on back road blast as I bought it in winter and that really hasn't stopped yet... It's on the TD pro race 1.2s with a full set of winter nankang sv2s and the traction light hasn't even flickered yet even using launch control :)

My wife loves it!

Oh and it's mapped :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye the haldex over the fwd of the leon attracts me for our pishy weather!

I'd like one once they're about 12-13k! Are they dear to run?

172 CUP&S3 black Ed
This one was a year old when we bought it, so it was dear to buy.

Running is a lot more than my wife's last car, the Ibiza cupra but it returns 300ish miles to a tank at £70. We run v power as its mapped for that also. It's only about 25mpg but remembering its 4wd it's relatively good! It only ever potters about town aswell which doesn't help. service costs have yet to be see yet as its only had its first service so far.