ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Aberdeen

Tav

Clio 197
Just a quick hello. Just signed up as I am in the process of changing cars and a 172/182 Cup/Trophy is on the list of possibilities.

I'm 22 years old and I'm a Product Design student from Aberdeen in pishin' wet Scotland. I've already spotted a couple of locals and I'd not be surprised if I knew a few....

I absolutely love driving for pleasure. For me a car is purely a tool enjoyment and I have no interest in using it for commuting etc. (hence the interest in the Renault Sport products). I've been a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists since I was 18. I'm lucky to live in an area where driving enthusiasts are so well catered for by fantastic roads.

I've had a couple of cars since I started driving 5 years ago, the last and most interesting being a Polo GT. It provided a very back to basics driving experience; no power steering plus 1990's levels of power and grip. It was great fun, weighing in at only 780kgs and with a very close ratio gear box. It was a great b-road companion over the last year.

My plans were to fit a G40 engine (supercharged) and refine the suspension in coming years but I've since had a sudden change of heart. As it stood it was wearing larger (but standard in appearance) wheels, larger tyres, a 'big' brake conversion (best thing I ever added) and H&R suspension.

Some photographs of the ol' girl (looking well used!):

cairnomountapril1.jpg

cairnomountapril2.jpg

cairnomountapril3.jpg

cairnomountapril4.jpg

It did clean as well...

tav11qu1.jpg

I'm sure I am going to have plenty of questions to ask on the forum. I've already been reading lots of threads and picked up a lot of valuable information. Hopefully in the next few weeks once I offload the remaining Polo parts (know anyone with a G40 wanting a Quaife ATB diff?) I'll be in a position to get a hold of a new car!

Clio 172 Ph2
Hello mate, welcome, im not far away, just in stoney!!! There is a trophy in the p and j, very reasonable price...

Tav

Clio 197
OT, but how do you get the pics to look like that??

£90 4.0 mega pixel camera + a few wee tricks in photo shop. Will happily link you to the tutorial (it's suppose to be for making movie-esque shots) if you drop me a PM.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Thought Justin might have been on here!

In between cars....
If you really love your driving mate, head down for the last scottish run of the year

End of october, big run through some of Perthshire's finest roads :)

Tav

Clio 197
If you really love your driving mate, head down for the last scottish run of the year

End of october, big run through some of Perthshire's finest roads :)

I'll have a look out on the forum for some info?

Love driving... understatement of the year. Polo only did a couple thousand miles but 95% must have been on B or unclassified roads on my own, don't think a week went by when I wasn't up Cairn o' Mount.

Not driven much around Perth but I hear there are some good roads.

In between cars....
Some amazing roads mate, think were heading up some of the best as well ;)

Look for the final ecosse drive of the season, the threads called somthing like that