ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hello from edinburgh

Clio 172 Cup
hi new to the forum.
icon7.png

well il start at the beginning bought a clio 172 cup about 10 mounths ago for a tidy sum of £500.
engine was shot guy that i bought it from had done the timeing belt on his own and bent some valves smashed a pistion or two oil splatterd every where lol.
anyway iv been slowly rebuilding her got a reconed engine out of a 182 only 37k on it
done the timing belt aux pullys and so on. replaced the cluch, lightend flywheel, starter moter, water pump, alternator, you get the idea virtualy everything under the bonnet has been replace for new

custon ss catback exhaust . eibach springs. brembo break calipers drilled and groved disks pads braded hoses . anti rollbar ball joits track rods. almost all the runing gear is new. i have also given her a respray

i have only a few thing left to finish and thats the interior its a bit worse for ware well drivers seat anyway. also she is sitting on standard 172 alloys at the min looking for a nice set of 172 cup alloys

to be honest i thought i would give up half way through the project
icon8.png
that was untill i got the engine running for the first time and a quick blast

not sure if you think am mad or not for replacing so much on a car but i think it was worth while she drives like just out the factory :) well maybe a little better lol

just put her on the road last week
icon11.png
best weeks driving in a long time
icon6.png