ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from NI - MKIII 1.5 DCi crying out for some mods!

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
Hello CS! My name is Matt. I'm 25, am a self-employed Electronic & Network Engineer from Northern Ireland and I drive a 2010 1.5 DCi. I've been using the Clio as a very well looked after van for the past 2 years :D I finished full time study at university in 2011 and have been studying part time & working for myself full time since then. The back seats have been in the car maybe 5 times in that two year period :p It's good for transporting my tools and equipment in the cleverly sized cases I have them in - I can fill the entire rear section of the car from behind the front seats to the back of the boot with all of my site gear and pack it in a way that stops it sliding and rocking around through the twisties! I got a part time job as an IT Technician in a primary school for some guaranteed income last year, and that has turned into as near as makes no difference another full time job for me, because it's a large school with a lot of equipment and a lifetime of wrongs for a better informed person like me to put right, plus a few long term staff illnesses throughout the year which have given me an opportunity to lend a willing hand in other areas to pick up the slack. It also added almost 300 miles per week of travelling to my already high mileage!

I have loved Japanese cars since I was a kid watching them tear around roads here at local rallies with Dad, so I plan on buying an ST205 Celica GT-Four (which I've been obsessed with for years) as soon as logistics and funds allow it, to eventually build into a road legal track & weekend car.

The Clio was 3 years old in March of this year - it's my second Clio which was acquired on a gap insurance claim after I wrote my 2007 Dynamique S off in icy conditions by sliding off the road under emergency braking in icy conditions in winter 2009 and hitting a tree, the result of which was:

xpax.jpg

The nearest thing to the value and spec of this at the time according to Renault was an I-Music edition facelift model. I took these pictures a few weeks after getting it and performing the obligatory full new car detail:

cimg7229edit.jpg

cimg7242.jpg

cimg7249.jpg

More than 3 years and many thousands of miles of mostly trouble free driving later (heavy kerb-impact due to ice - again - in November last year which resulted in a broken alloy, bent wishbone, drop-link etc :dapprove:) I'm itching to perform some small cosmetic mods to this car to give people a reason to take a second glance! I don't want to do anything drastic (or expensive, remember, ST205 build in planning!) but I'll start off by getting rid of the stock Del Arte 15's and go from there! I've been lurking as a non-registered member here for a while and this looks like a great community :) I paid my membership fee today to join the club. I'm also a member of lots of GT4 forums, owners and drivers clubs in anticipation of buying one of my own, in case there are any Celica owners here on CS! My username is Unicorn or Unicorn Systems (my trading name) for every forum and club I'm a member of.

Finally; As I'm sure is the case with many other CS members, I suffer from OCD - Obsessive Car Detailing! I've spent a lot on detailing products for the Clio in the past 3 years and thankfully the car still looks fantastic for its age, despite my busy schedule and high mileage driving. I plan on giving it a thorough exterior detail in a couple of weeks time during my holidays, so I'll post a few pictures here and on Detailing World (DW username also Unicorn) when that's done. I did the interior a few weeks ago. The seat rails and under-seat carpet were just too dirty for me to bear, so I pulled the seats and some trim to give it a proper clean:

gncj.jpg

Last edited:
  I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
Thanks for the welcome guys, yes I do try my best to keep it looking better than the day I collected it from the dealer :)