ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from North London. Looking for a Clio 200!

Hey everyone :)

Just to introduce myself - my name is Asif and I am 24 years old and I am looking to buy a Renaultsport Clio 200 for a fun weekend car (also my first car!).

Spec-wise looking for the full-fat version with the Cup chassis and Recaro seats. Ideally in metallic black. Sub 60k mileage and in excellent condition. Planning on keeping the car for around 4-5 years with a low annual mileage (say 3000).

So far I have found a top example (see link below) which I have already test driven, and was honestly very happy with. However, I just wanted to check with you all if you have any idea it's worth the hefty price tag (£8k) or are there better deals out there you know of?

I am also considering the Suzuki Swift Sport as an alternative option. Seems like everyone says it's so much fun. And of course top reliability. Found a good example for £5.5k (link below).

Would really appreciate any help from you all and look forward to being an active member of Cliosport. Seriously can't wait to bring a car home in the next 1-3 weeks! It's been on my mind everyday 24/7!! ??

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
You are buying from KTEC ( as with me ) there is an element of additional mark up over & above the standard value of a car-

So at face value £8k for a 59 plate on 55k is over market value - being that one with the standard Recaros would sell private for ~ 5500-6k. With the slightly rare Pleated recaros it does add some value maybe 3-400. So net £6500 ish.

What you actually paying for ( the net difference ) is for the vehicle to be in immaculate prepared condition as well as some of the mechanical expertise that goes into that preperation-

So It boils down to whether you are confident to find & buy one private or whether you need that dealer warranty protection & are prepared to pay over the market value for a car with the above guarentee.

You are buying from KTEC ( as with me ) there is an element of additional mark up over & above the standard value of a car-

So at face value £8k for a 59 plate on 55k is over market value - being that one with the standard Recaros would sell private for ~ 5500-6k. With the slightly rare Pleated recaros it does add some value maybe 3-400. So net £6500 ish.

What you actually paying for ( the net difference ) is for the vehicle to be in immaculate prepared condition as well as some of the mechanical expertise that goes into that preperation-

So It boils down to whether you are confident to find & buy one private or whether you need that dealer warranty protection & are prepared to pay over the market value for a car with the above guarentee.

Thank you for explaining it so well. Clearly you know your stuff.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

This 100%

I paid £5000 for mine without recaros but then had to shell out the best part of £1500 to get work done to bring it up to scratch.

Unfortunately these cars are expensive to maintain and if you buy one that’s not been kept in good order it can get very expensive.

This 100%

I paid £5000 for mine without recaros but then had to shell out the best part of £1500 to get work done to bring it up to scratch.

Unfortunately these cars are expensive to maintain and if you buy one that’s not been kept in good order it can get very expensive.

Okay will definitely try and buy one that is already up to scratch, so minimum expenses required

Clio 172 Cup
Welcome to the forum and as the lads said above this car is above market value but will be well prepared and maybe offered some warranty too. I bought my cup private and have invested a lot of time and cash in it so if the Clio ur looking at is top notch and ur happy just go for it ?

Welcome to the forum and as the lads said above this car is above market value but will be well prepared and maybe offered some warranty too. I bought my cup private and have invested a lot of time and cash in it so if the Clio ur looking at is top notch and ur happy just go for it ?

Thanks a lot buddy ?

Clio RS200
Hey everyone :)

Just to introduce myself - my name is Asif and I am 24 years old and I am looking to buy a Renaultsport Clio 200 for a fun weekend car (also my first car!).

Spec-wise looking for the full-fat version with the Cup chassis and Recaro seats. Ideally in metallic black. Sub 60k mileage and in excellent condition. Planning on keeping the car for around 4-5 years with a low annual mileage (say 3000).

So far I have found a top example (see link below) which I have already test driven, and was honestly very happy with. However, I just wanted to check with you all if you have any idea it's worth the hefty price tag (£8k) or are there better deals out there you know of?

I am also considering the Suzuki Swift Sport as an alternative option. Seems like everyone says it's so much fun. And of course top reliability. Found a good example for £5.5k (link below).

Would really appreciate any help from you all and look forward to being an active member of Cliosport. Seriously can't wait to bring a car home in the next 1-3 weeks! It's been on my mind everyday 24/7!! ??

Have you found one yet?
I have a project one that I've been working on for 6 months with 38k on the clock in liquid yellow on a 09 plate

Have you found one yet?
I have a project one that I've been working on for 6 months with 38k on the clock in liquid yellow on a 09 plate

Hi, yes I went for the Suzuki Swift Sport in the end, even though I did fancy the Clio 200. Mainly because of reliability and lower running costs.