ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Northern Ireland!

Clio 172 CUP (Race car)
Just a quick hello, I've recently bought a 172 Cup track car that I intend to use for Hillclimbs and sprints here in Northern Ireland.
I'm new to Clios, the car has most of the work done, just a few additions and adjustments to make, so hoping to be able to make use of all your valuable experience! There certainly seems to be a wealth of info on here.
Anyway here is a pic...

Gareth

Attachments

• 28122008513.jpg
    28122008513.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 48
  • 28122008511.jpg
    28122008511.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 38
  Clio 172 CUP (Race car)
Hi Ryan, cheers! quite like it myself!! Live in Banbridge at the minute. Hoping there will be a few locals on here who can advise me about good clio tuners in the area!

Cro

Meg'd r27
Welcome mate, and I would probably be fair in saying there aren't many if any clio tuners on our side of the water!

Clio 172 CUP (Race car)
Thanks! I had a feeling that would be the case... I'll have to settle for someone who is good a setting up front wheel drive motors then..

172 cup
Well, hows she cuttin'?

I'm from just up the road in Newcastle, my sister actually just moved to Banbridge.

Liking the cup, drive one myself although its primarily for every day use. Had much done to yours other than the cage and stripping?

alright there...welcome along. live in lurgan and sometimes am through banbridge a bit. I don't know of any rstuners. However, if you are looking mapping, check out www.puretorque.co.uk who are based very close to banbridge

Clio 172 CUP (Race car)
Well, hows she cuttin'?

I'm from just up the road in Newcastle, my sister actually just moved to Banbridge.

Liking the cup, drive one myself although its primarily for every day use. Had much done to yours other than the cage and stripping?

Thanks for all the welcome's!! The car has some mods already, engine is standard at present apart from an induction kit. watching a K-tec exhaust on ebay at the minute for it. And will probably try to get a de-cat and then a re-map and maybe leave it at that.
It has Bilstein coilovers all round, they are the cup race car ones without damper adjustment though, has uprated ferado pads with new standard disks and braided lines. Cobra Imola seats with FIA harnesses and I just fitted a plumbed in extinguisher. So I basically bought it with all the hard/expensive work done!! :approve: Great going wee car but very harsh for road use..:S

welcome lad nice car. im just out the road in waringstown with a rb 182 plenty of info to be had on here

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Welcome along mate, comber spud ere, only in a 1.2 though but sure, get yorself along to the next meet!