ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from south Wales..

Clio 197
Hi all, Joe here from south wales valleys..

Picked up a clean 07' clio 197 last week with 33k on the clock, drives like a dream at the moment and really enjoying it, have come from an Audi A3 1.8T (petrol), and while quick it was lacking a personality.. After reading many reviews on the clio 197 I decided to get one and have not looked back, only thing thats niggling away at me is the exhaust.. Anyone know if the stock exhaust is meant to splutter and burble on decel or should I get it looked at?

Thanks anyway guys look forward to speaking with you!

Clio 197
Forgot to add the two pics I have of her :)

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Always good to see another member from South Wales. :)

Is the car mapped at all? Anything in the service history that suggests it might have had some work and / or re-map? That *could* explain the splutter and burbles on deceleration or overrun. Whilst I don't own that particular model I'm quite sure the standard exhaust and setup doesn't pop or burble on lift-off.

Clio 197
I'll have a check now mate, it doesnt really bother me, it adds to the experience if anything.. Its not really a pop (apart from when cold), say if I pulled away from the lights and changed into second @ 3k it would burble or if I was reversing and gave it a quick blip the same thing would happen..

Just curious to see if it was the norm with standard exhaust set ups, thanks for the info anyway mate probably will have it checked out :)

Suzuki Jimny
Welcome!

Hope to see you at some meets in future, you can compare it with another 197. Have a look to see if the centre silencer has been cut out :)