ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello......... Newbie looking for advice

CS Dungeon
Newbie here looking for some advice on a car I am looking to buy.
I have just sold my 'old mans' car (Astra:eek: ) and looking to upgrade ;)

I have seen this on autotrader and like it, well apart from im not sure on the wheels.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/
Enlargehide();​

var picTest = document.getElementById("picArea"); if (!picTest){ document.getElementById("details").style.width = "85%"; }RENAULT Clio 1.8 16V ,
M reg. taxed and MOT, d till end of June, FSH, 3 owner, lowered 60mm on full shocks and springs, full system exhaust, K&N induction kit, 17 multi spoke alloys. £2,000. ono
Telephone: 07917 867373
Distance: 184 miles
Price: £2,000 ono

What should I look for if I go to see it tomorrow?

Any advice gratefully received:D

Thanks

TT

P.s Great chat site by the way

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
check for rust on rear arches m8, and see if the timing belt has been changed, needs to be done at around 70k iirc...

CS Dungeon
Right, In about an hour I am off to look at this clio

Is there anything else I should be looking out for when I am there?

Oh and thanks for the overwhelming welcome........your all so friendly to a newbie;)

Thanks

TT

CS Dungeon
Are there any other clio clubs? Preferably somewhere where the members are friendly and not ignorant??

CS Dungeon
never mind, I have been pm'd club clio, williams clio and RSC so all is well, Thanks...you know who you are :)

Thanks thou glasgow182, 2 out of 50 views aint bad I spose for a friendly community.

I had heard about this place and now know what was meant lol

Thanks again

TT

Normally rumours are started with people who have an axe to grind so worth bearing in mind ;)

Probably the reason you've not had many replies as there are alot more people with mk2s than mk1s on here. Give it a little time and no doubt you'll get some more replies.

CS Dungeon
Ahhhhh I get ya Loony.........So i need to buy a Mk2 before people will say hello to a newbie? ;)

Plus people only normally have axes to grind for a reason ;)

No, you just have to wait for a mk1 owner to come along to give some advice thats all. I know rear arches rot for a passtime but other than that i dont know much about mk1s not owning one.

Not always justified/valid ones though.

Nike Lunar Elite's
This is one of the most active car forums I've ever used, and is far more busy than the ones you've already mentioned. Good things come to those that wait, and people will be less likely offer help if you come across as ignorant and sl@g off the club in one of your 1st posts.

Motorbikes
just out of curiosity, are you travelling 184 miles to see it, as thats what it says in the ad you posted?

looks like nice enough we car though, probably pretty quick too!

Terrorist said:
Are there any other clio clubs? Preferably somewhere where the members are friendly and not ignorant??

getting off 2 a great start, like loony said more mk2 owners than mk1, might hav had 50 views and no one could give u advice. be patient

Hi, welcome to the club.

Look out for leaking sunroof, Rust around the arches and make sure the timing belt has been changed. then theres the usuall, dents, interior rips, has it been looked after etc? have a good poke around the engine bay. If its clean its usually been well looked after.