ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello to the forum...

Renaultsport Clio
I've been a Clio owner for some years now. My first one was an automatic Clio 1.4 which had all the bells and whistles, quite pokey, and which I liked very much. I then part-exchanged this for a Vauxhall Astra 1.4. (2017 reg) which was OK but I wanted something a bit faster so again I part-exchanged for my favourite car so far, a Renaultsport Clio (2015 Reg) . I'm nearly 71 so a bit creaky at the joints, which is why I prefer automatics hence the newer Renaultsport which is a great sporty-looking colour (Liquid Yellow). I know many younger drivers seem to prefer the geared versions of the Renaultsport range for obvious reasons, but I stuck with my 1.4 Clio Auto...then they brought out the Renaultsport auto so I just had to have one. Years ago I had a VW GTi and a Nissan 200X. I've had the car for about 18 months now and do less than 4000 miles per year, but have much fun just bombing around going to Sainsbury's and such and out to Sherwood Forest and roundabout when I can. OK then, nice to meet you all and I hope to put in a comment or two in the future. My best wishes to all.

Clio 197,with megan'
Welcome. 71 years old, you are in the flush of youth. I am 80 in July,( Middle aged.) and doing Track day at Anglesey in August. I run an LY Meglio, does Tescos, and track days. Like you, I have long distances to travel to trackways, as I am in the far North of Scotland. Anglesey is around 550 miles. Any problems you have, there is a wealth of knowledge on here. Stay safe.

Renaultsport Clio
Hi youngarthur, thanks for the comment. Glad to hear you're still enjoying doing such stuff as you're braver than me. I've never done any track events and probably won't get round to it now so good for you. Take care.