ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 3dr
I am new to the forum, and drive a 3-door 1.6 16V Clio, 1999 model. She has travelled over 160000 km with me through Southern Africa and has never given trouble, until encountering a donkey and some potholes in Botswana :(

She is currently in the workshop to sort out an idling problem, as well as an oil leak. She also has a problem with the ignition keys, which Renault also cannot figure out...

Celeste, my Clio, is white, with blue leather trim and glass sunroof.

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 3dr
I have two ignition keys. I can take one and open the central locking via remote etc, but when I start the ignition, it fires, revs up and dies immediately. I then take the second key, start the ignition and the car starts perfectly. The second key however wouldn't unlock the car. Now the problem would be simpler, if it were the same key behaving in the same way each time, but it isn't. One day one key starts the car, the next time the other key works. So, until I figure it out, I have to carry both keys with me...