ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! A/C not working!

2000 Clio 1.4si 16v
Hi All,

I am new to this forum as it was recommended to me. I have a 2000 Clio 1.4Si 16v and when I switch the blowers on then the A/C, nothing happens. The blower works fine but no cold air. I can't hear the clutch kicking in at all. Does the pressure switch stop it from working if there is not enough gas? I am getting it recharged on Thursday. Is the cooling fan meant to kick in also as I have not heard that working since I got the car. You help will be much appricated.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, if there's too little (or too much) pressure in there the pump won't kick in. I've never heard my cooling fan kick in when the AC's running though, even though on most other cars (i.e. not clios) it generally does.

Megane 225 f1
If the compressor dosen't click in the fans wont come on. Ecu asks for compressor first then once that's on it brings the fans in but on mine the fan operates slowly, just enough to keep the pressure and temperature down in the condenser. My guess is there's no gas in the system due to a leak.

2000 Clio 1.4si 16v
Hi, I took it to Kwik fit and they say it has a leak. Does anyone have any idea where the most common leaks occur? I think it could be the condenser. Has anyone got any sort of guide to removing the condenser as I don't think its as easy as it looks. Thanks for your help so far it has really helped :)