ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air-con randomly coming on?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I've heard on a few occasions when I've switched the car off, the whine of the system spooling down.

I've definitely not manually switched the air-con on and the A/C light isn't enabled. I never use the Auto function either - so I'm a little puzzled as to when it dictates as and when to engage the air-con.

I can manually press the A/C button and hear the dip in revs and click as the system engages normally. It just appears that on occasion, with no manual intervention - the A/C decides to start itself.

Is this a sign of a switch or sensor failing?

Cheers.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 197 has a noisy AC compressor and this is the first time I've experienced this (due to actually being able to hear it!)

its a climate controlled car so when the AC is on, it displays AC on the screen, it seems to have a bug that when you press the demist button which puts fans to max and AC activated, then manually turn it off and turn fans back down (but not actually set to auto) the AC compressor continues to run, you have to wait a few seconds, activate AC again then deactivate and you finally hear the compressor disengaging

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
my 197 has a noisy AC compressor and this is the first time I've experienced this (due to actually being able to hear it!)

its a climate controlled car so when the AC is on, it displays AC on the screen, it seems to have a bug that when you press the demist button which puts fans to max and AC activated, then manually turn it off and turn fans back down (but not actually set to auto) the AC compressor continues to run, you have to wait a few seconds, activate AC again then deactivate and you finally hear the compressor disengaging
Good suggestion - I'll give that a try myself.