ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help and advice with wheels and tyres please.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i bought some turbines for my car but havent got the money until after christmas to get them sprayed up, and also bought 4 toyo proxes for them!

thing is, my tyres on the car at the minute are pretty much gone, the standard tyres on my dynamique wheels are 185wide, and the proxes are 195, will they fit?

im thinking about putting them on untill i can afford the wheel refurb as i dont want the car to be illegal?

any point?

Chocolate Bar™
i'm confussed, are u on about putting the proxes on the dynamique wheels? if so they'll fit fine

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i'd rather put the 185's on than drive with illegal tyres. not ideal but will be ok

i mean put the 195 proxes on my dynamique wheels until i can get the turbines done.

Chocolate Bar™
i edited my post your just to damned quick ;) yeah i got it after i read it through again. The 195s are the best tyre for the dynamiqe so yeah they're fine

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
right, think ill get them put on, dont like risking it, especially now its starting to get wet, i know people slate the T1-R's, but im pretty sure they are better than the michelin energy's!

if the 195's are best for the dynamique wheels, how come the standard fit are 185's?

if the 195's are best for the dynamique wheels, how come the standard fit are 185's?

Tyres companies make more money from the 185/55 so get companies to use them as people will buy them as replacements.

195/50 wear the rear ach liner away if you drive on the limit its only slight and onyl noticable for track days but Renault wouldn't accept that so toy fit it they'd needed to have to redesign the rear aches or stronger hubs and different offset wheels.