ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help and opinions please

first the problem/dilemma

my gf owns a clio 1.4 rt which we have had a lot of body work done to it and it now looks in my opinion very nice. maybe slightly girly but at the end of the day it is for her.
pics of car
clio030.jpg

clio037.jpg

i have now owned my valver for about 6 months or so and in the last few months she has been driving it now and then.

but now she has decided that she loves my car because its fast and wants one or wants an engine putting in hers!!

Now my situation
im an electricain whith alot of mechanics as friends but to be honest my self i dont no alot about engines. i have just got a house and im thinking of changing my valver (which is my 2nd/work car) for something cheaper to run but would like to keep a valver between us cos there so much fun.

so if ne one has ne experience of doing a 1.4 to 1.8 16v conversion or has any thorts on it ur replys wud be very greatfully excepted.

also what worrys me is will the 1.4 be as good as just buying a valver when its finished. will it always have problems and not handle so well etc.