ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help bonnet cable snapped :(:(

ff clio 172
hi guys found an oil leak under my bonnet went to pull the bonnet release and it snapped :( now i cant get it open tryed pulling the wire through the grill but to no joy and it snapped right before the bonnet catch

anyone no any way of opening it i have a new cable to replace it please help me :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
you are more than likely going to have to cut the front grills out mate to gain access, just have to order some new ones, they clip into the bumper.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol i remember when mine first went someone on here told me id have to cut a hole in my bonnet and get a new bonnet.

after 20 minutes of fiddling about i had my hand up the back of the bumper and poped it open with a screwdriver!

its a bit of a pain thoguht to be fair took me and my old man about 2 hours of fiddling on his old laguna. without breaking anything either!! Just dont let the bonnet drop again.