ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help: Bonnet Won't Shut

Clio DCi 65
As per title,

It shuts, but not fully. It's always available to lift home,

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Could it possibly be a problem with the bonnet catch in the passenger footwell?

Also, was there a problem before with faulty bonnet catches on the Clio Mk2 Ph2's? I've got 53 Plate, Mk2 Ph2.

Cheers

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Give the bonnet release clip a good oiling and work the release handle a few times. the clip may be sticking.

The other problem was the the safety catch used to be plastic (not the handle you use to finally release the bonnet cause that still is) but the clip the handle is attached to which should have been replaced by renault when it was serviced to the metal type.

Clio DCi 65
Yeah it's still a plastic one at the moment! will have to give them to call up to get that changed over, free of charge as it's their fault or?

I'l oil it up tomorrow then to see if i can get it sorted then!

Cheers buddy!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I think it was a free of charge as it was a design fault, it was on BBC's Watchdog programme a couple of years back after a few bonnets few up at speed.

It's the hook part that should be metal - the handle lever will still be plastic as that bit's not holding the bonnet down.