ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help chosing a phone

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I need some help/suggestions, my dad needs a new phone but has criteria that needs to be met!
the phone must be/have the following
  1. Flip phone
  2. Decentish camera
  3. Clear screen (big numbers on screen for blind old git)
  4. Big'ish keys
  5. Not 3G (this doesnt seem to work too well - see below)
  6. Not too too expensive about £70 limit
Can anyone suggest a phone that could work? so far ive bought him nokia N90 which is great, he likes it loads but its 3G.
Now where we live vodafone dont have terribly good signal, good enough but not excellent and where dad works it has good vodafone signal on everyone elses phone except his when its working on the 3G signal :S. I fiddled about with it and lost the 3G for a while and the phone was good but then 3G started up again it went crap. When i say crap i mean it drops out on incoming calls, he can make outgoing calls ok.

Now does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with the phone or suggest one that might work?

Ta muchly
Sarah.

RIP Dan
Set it for 2g only?

3g doesnt work indoors very well, it doesnt get through barriers, walls etc as well as 2g.

Or he's on the edge of coverage and the levels are sh1te.

Last edited:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
How can u turn it off? ive tried everything i can think of!