ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help connecting laptop to TV.

Clio 197
Recently subscribed to Netflix and I want to stream the films through the laptop then connect to the TV.

What cables will I need to send the picture and audio to the tv from the lappy?

A VGA cable will only send through the picture and not sound so I'm a bit baffled.

Any help much appreciated :)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Unless your laptop has a HDMI output or you have a speaker system in the same room as the TV that could take a 3.5mm headphone input from the laptop then I can't see how you could do it, someone might know another method though.

Quick fix could be to buy some 2.1 computer speakers and plug them into the laptop when you want to play things from it. Could plug them into the TV if you have a headphone output on there for watching Freeview etc.

I take it you don't have a games console to access Netflix through?

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Yes, you will need either a 3.5mm jack or HDMI. My TV has both, even the old crappy one I had had a 3.5mm PC audio input, but to be honest, I never used it because the sound went straight into the stereo.

Clio 197
Unless your laptop has a HDMI output or you have a speaker system in the same room as the TV that could take a 3.5mm headphone input from the laptop then I can't see how you could do it, someone might know another method though.

Quick fix could be to buy some 2.1 computer speakers and plug them into the laptop when you want to play things from it. Could plug them into the TV if you have a headphone output on there for watching Freeview etc.

I take it you don't have a games console to access Netflix through?

I do have an xbox but at my mums. I spend half the week at my girlfriends dads at the min and he doesn't have a games console.

Speaker idea would work :) but there must be some way to transfer the sound to the tv?