ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help CPU running at 82 deg C!

I've installed everest on my lappy to check the temps as it was getting a uncomfortably hot. I check the temperature and it has been running as high as 82 deg C worst case. Normal usage its running at about 70-75 deg C. Its a fairly old lappy HP Compaq nx9005. Anyway is there a way of increasing the stock fan speed, to try an keep the temps down. The fan is constantly on full tilt so noise wont be a problem.

I've already tried speedfan that didn't work, and Riva Tuner just confuses me.

Ta

Edit - I have already taken the fan out and cleaned all the shite out of the heat sinks and that mad little difference.

172 cup'd extreme
What program are you using to get your temps? some are not accurate. Also check the exhaust isnt full of dust.

I'm using everest for the temps. I cleaned it out yesterday, got to remember though its a lappy so it only has limited cooling anyway

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
RivaTuner is a great program, but it has to recognise the hardware to work with it properly. I use it to force my graphics cards fan to 100% on Windows startup.

That does seem to be running a bit high!

D.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Re-apply the heat sink compound between the heatsink and processor. Its probably dried out... it happens..