ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! Engine has gone in my Clio 197 56 plate how much is it worth?

clio 182 cup
Engine has gone my Clio 197 56 plate. Insurance has written it off 😢. How much could I sell it for? All help greatly received.
Cheers Ben

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Written off it's worth close to f**k-all, they're dropping into the 2K and below category fast. Minus an engine and with an insurance marker it's very low value

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If it's written off then its worth £600 mate

Nobody in their right mind would pay anything near a grand unless it has a cup spoiler, suspension, nice wheels with decent tyres, cup splitter and recaros. You can buy s**t 197's for £1200 running

Clio 197
If it's written off then its worth £600 mate

Nobody in their right mind would pay anything near a grand unless it has a cup spoiler, suspension, nice wheels with decent tyres, cup splitter and recaros. You can buy s**t 197's for £1200 running
£600 without a working engine or with?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Without a working engine. If it was a 200 youd be looking at about a grand with a shagged engine and tatty condition without Recaros.

My mate has 6 197's and 2 200's. All bought for less than a grand each. They're very rapidly becoming the next level of 172/182

Clio 197
Without a working engine. If it was a 200 youd be looking at about a grand with a shagged engine and tatty condition without Recaros.

My mate has 6 197's and 2 200's. All bought for less than a grand each. They're very rapidly becoming the next level of 172/182
Does said mate possibly need another 197 with mods? 👀

Clio 197
Obviously without a working engine???
scropio.jpg

Can’t believe how much 197 prices have fallen. Doesn’t seem long a go they were £6/7k! I suppose poor fuel economy in comparison with mediocre performance killed them.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Can’t believe how much 197 prices have fallen. Doesn’t seem long a go they were £6/7k! I suppose poor fuel economy in comparison with mediocre performance killed them.

Saw a 200 on Faceache earlier, a Cup and under 6 grand. Thought they were more than that?