ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help fitting AST topmounts, with photos!

225 powered mk2
Right guys i had a set of AST topmounts from the group buy, I decided to fit them yesterday, so i had to unsieze my coilovers etc etc, But then When i came to fit them to the struts i couldnt decide if i had done them correct or not.

1st i put the normal bit of the coilovers on the top of the spring and put the nut on like so...

IMG_0569.jpg

Then the 1st two parts of the AST top mount

IMG_0570.jpg

Then i Was thinking the last part goes on top, but it just didnt seem right, so i had a quick look on here and theres a few different opinions on this. So this morning I tried this way...

removing the blue spring cup and just putting the AST black part on like so...

IMG_0573.jpg

this seems to make more sense as theres alot more thread now for the other part.

So i put the rest on, I know i need to tighten the top nut up when its on the car...

IMG_0574.jpg

However have i assembled them correctly now, the only bit im not sure on is id have to put these onto the car, tighten the top up, then wwind the coilovers up to compress the spring as only that one nut at the top holds it all together now?

Any help would be great. sorry for my description, its not the bests.

Cheers.