ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help fitting bucket seats

Clio 182 FF
Hey, I’m a new member and new to Clios. I’ve bought a 182 last month for taking on track days.
I’ve bought some nice Sabelt buckets for the car. I have very little mechanical experience. So I was wondering if there’s any decent threads on fitting bucket seats? Or can anyone recommend a YouTube video or guide etc that was helpful to them, when they fitted theirs?
So far I have the seats obviously, a set of Jon Fossard subframes and a pair of 90 degree brackets that Jon told me to get. I’ve also got 2 Citroen C1 rear buckles on the way from eBay that I read I needed on Facebook.
I’ve also got 8 8mm bolts and washers.

So I think I’ve got everything I need. Just need to figure out what to do with it all.

BDACDC29-841A-4EEB-8A7C-1815D4F2E6CE.jpeg
8937F0D0-1721-4EAC-ADD7-8DF0D9842209.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Take your current seats out. (You’ll need the car up in the air for this, use axle stands as well as a hood trolley jack. Vacuum the 15 years of dead skin and bogeys off the carpets..,

bolt the side mounts to the sub frames out of the car.

bolt that lot in to the car in one go.

fit your seat belt buckles to your frames.

undo your bottom bolt of the front seatbelts to loop it through the new seats.

bolt in new seats.

redo the lower seatbelt bolts.

job done. 👍

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Are the existing belt buckles not usable with this subframe?
The 90 deg mounts are in addition to seat side mounts?
The 90deg mounts are the seat side mounts. I'm also pretty sure the oem arent usable because of the airbag pretensioners on them. Easier to get the buckles.

Clio 182 FF
Yeah the C1 buckles are less stressful than using the standard ones.
I finished the seats tonight. Took longer than I expected, but I’m well happy. I’ll take a good picture tomorrow in the daylight.
One tip, if your using Jon Fossard subframes and keeping the seats belts (not using a harness) then loop the seat belt through the seat before you put the frame in. The frame blocks the lower bolt for seat belt. So basically, take the old seat out, unbolt the seat belt, loop it through the seat, then pop the seat into the back while you do the rest. I did this on the second seat after having to fit the drivers subframe twice. 🤦‍♂️

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the C1 buckles are less stressful than using the standard ones.
I finished the seats tonight. Took longer than I expected, but I’m well happy. I’ll take a good picture tomorrow in the daylight.
One tip, if your using Jon Fossard subframes and keeping the seats belts (not using a harness) then loop the seat belt through the seat before you put the frame in. The frame blocks the lower bolt for seat belt. So basically, take the old seat out, unbolt the seat belt, loop it through the seat, then pop the seat into the back while you do the rest. I did this on the second seat after having to fit the drivers subframe twice. 🤦‍♂️
I meant to message jon about this and say about notching the frame to allow the bolt to come out as I did the exact same thing! Only needs to be a fraction shorter.

I actually managed to remove the 2 outer bolts and lift up the subframe with the seat on to remove the bolts. Saved doing the whole lot as it's a pain doing the inside ones by yourself

Clio 182 FF
A8FDFEEA-EF5C-4185-A240-16538EB8B6E1.jpeg
A936643D-5725-488D-A465-AFA40C88F9F9.jpeg
162B746B-2810-41EC-AB4F-427C4AC8B34D.jpeg

I’ll get better pictures in the daylight, I also fitted a new steering wheel that I’m well chuffed with. The Volantech panel looks good and works well, was easy enough but I did have to message them to ask what wire goes where.

I used 3.3 resistors on all the cables so I don’t have a seatbelt or airbag warning light.

Though I do now have the ESP light and the SERV light on. Quick search on here and it’s likely to be brake light switch. Just confused as why this has caused it? Maybe because I disconnected the battery then kept reconnecting it to check for airbag warning lights?
I’ll order a new switch anyway and cross my fingers.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1507299View attachment 1507300View attachment 1507301

I’ll get better pictures in the daylight, I also fitted a new steering wheel that I’m well chuffed with. The Volantech panel looks good and works well, was easy enough but I did have to message them to ask what wire goes where.

I used 3.3 resistors on all the cables so I don’t have a seatbelt or airbag warning light.

Though I do now have the ESP light and the SERV light on. Quick search on here and it’s likely to be brake light switch. Just confused as why this has caused it? Maybe because I disconnected the battery then kept reconnecting it to check for airbag warning lights?
I’ll order a new switch anyway and cross my fingers.
Did you line up the angle sensor properly?

Clio 182 FF
I’m not sure. It was at the top, as in the cables where coming out at the top when the boss was in.
Could this cause the warning lights? They only come on after I’ve driven 100 meters or so. They aren’t on when you just turn the engine on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I’m not sure. It was at the top, as in the cables where coming out at the top when the boss was in.
Could this cause the warning lights? They only come on after I’ve driven 100 meters or so. They aren’t on when you just turn the engine on.
You have to rotate it so that the yellow dot is inside the window. If you dont itll potentially damage the clock spring and most likely your problem

Clio 182 FF
Right ok, had a quick search on here. I think you’re right. I paid no attention to the angle sensor when changing the wheel. I’ll have a look in the morning to see if I can reset it.
So I turn it until it goes yellow, have I got that right?