ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Keys locked in car!!!

I just went to try and fix my gas struts on the boot, when I took one off the boot unsurprisingly slammed shut. With my keys in the boot. I am an idiot.

How can i get back in without this costing me a fortune?

I just went to try and fix my gas struts on the boot, when I took one off the boot unsurprisingly slammed shut. With my keys in the boot. I am an idiot.

How can i get back in without this costing me a fortune?

Open the door.. ? LOL :rasp:

Yeah either brake it, or call RAC or AA mate

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cheapest and easiest replaced.
Passenger side window mate.
Or you can get in without doing that just have to call someone.

cheers for that.

How about I smash a rear window, and get auto windscreens or something to sort it? they'll be alrite won't they?

Seriously just call the AA.

Smashing a window is a pain as you have to clear up the mess, then cover it up until you can get it replaced.

AA will be in you car with seconds!!

CLIO Iceberg 172
if the boot was open then it wont auto lock. just ipen the car front door and go through the rear seats.... if you have managed to do the imposible and lock the front and open the boot and then shut your keys in the boot then there is only one thing i can say....
FAIL!! seriously clap clap clap!

thank god for that - finally got in it without the AA or breaking a window.

As for how it locked, as I was saying - I was taking one of the boot struts off as it looked bent out of shape, had my keys in my mouth and pressed the central locking button accidentally, then being the absolute r****d, threw the keys in the boot so i could put the screwdriver I was using in my mouth. Then as soon as the strut came off, boot shut and the rest is history. hah

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
If you have a sunroof prize it open and stick something like a snooker cue in to press the unlock button on the dashboard

S4 Avant
I've done this twice in my old fiesta, had to get a local garage out both times, used an inflatable pouch to bend the door out and poke some wire in, to hook the door handle from the inside.

Chelsea tractor
Pull the top of the passenger door, slot something thin down the top, pull the internal door handle - job done.

Edit: Just realised that Dave posted the same thing!

S4 Avant
Noob.

<3 x

Fiesta build quality!

Hook on the inside of the handle snapped off, and the car didn't have central locking.

Policeman pulled me over one night, I left the keys on the passenger seat. When I came back to the car, I couldn't use the handle to get back in, and the passenger door was locked.

The policeman wasn't happy about giving me a lift home at 2 in the morning!