ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me decide!

Hello all. I currently drive a saxo vts(hed). It is really starting to annoy me with fixing it most weekends, so I am looking at buying a 182! :D

Now I really cant decide if I should just get a normal 182 with both cup packs in a colour of my choice, Liquid, Inferno or arctic. Or go all out and get myself a trophy.

Now I know the main differnences between them, the front dampers, wheels, limited no. etc. But are there any other differences worth mentioning? Also on another point, is there sort of like a guide on common points on looking at clios? Iv had a quick search but cant see anything?

Help me decide please!
Cheers.

BG FF 182
If you've got 6k hidden away then get a mint trophy or if you've got around 4k get yourself a mint FF 182! The choice is simple...

If you've got 6k hidden away then get a mint trophy or if you've got around 4k get yourself a mint FF 182! The choice is simple...

Thats the thing, I have enough for either, but is the trophy really worth it?

come to dingwall and buy my rb

Sorry not a fan of rb! Its a bit common around here, along with black.

Lol and theres me thinking of getting a Vts :(. Good luck with the search tho :)

I'll have one for sale shortly ;) haha nah on a serious note, there are good ones out there, just getting difficult to find now!

172cup
I've got my 2005 182 with 27500 miles going for sale in August, give me a shout if you want more info about it and I'll send a draft of the ad to you
thanks

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
IMO if you still want to modify get a ff 182. If you want a perfect car to leave, choose the trophy.

Well I went and looked at a 182 today and im now in love :eek:

Wont be buying the one I looked at though, it was a bit rough, needed quite a bit of work and the boot floor looked a bit rippled so probably been in a rear end smash! Not worth the 3.5k he was asking. The belts were "changed" I asked if there was any proof and the dealer said " The guy who traded it in changed them. Its ok though hes a mechanic" Alarm bells ringing!!

Anyway enough rambling, and now time to trawl for sale sections and websites to find the right one. Excited much!

Good luck.

You seem sensible enough. A lot of people on here would have taken "He did the belts himself" as a plus point and handed over the cash.

Good luck.

You seem sensible enough. A lot of people on here would have taken "He did the belts himself" as a plus point and handed over the cash.

Thanks.

Haha, it shocked me when he said! He maybe did the job good enough but it would probably be costly finding out! I think the dephaser was on its way out though as something was rattling quite a bit at the cambelt side of the engine? Is that the dephaser?

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Could of possibly been dephaser but could be something else too, as I found out.