ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me pick 4 new tyres

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon Cs'ers

I can't decide what todo about my tyres. I currently have the 182 cup wheels on with195 40 16's, Toyo T1R. I personally think they are rubbish as the front sidewalls wear down quickly imo.

I want to put my Turinis back on but they need 4 new tyres and i dont know if i should go for 195 45 16's or 205 40 16's?

Im more towards 205 40 16 because i want to keep the low profile look but also dont want the sides to wear down as quick as they have on the current T1R's i use.

Can anyone suggest what tyres to go for? I have looked at Toyo Proxes 4 as they are about £70 fitted each and at the moment cant spend more than that for each tyre.

Thanks all,
​Austin

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Vredestein Sportrac 5s, Pirelli Pzero Neros Falken ZE914s in 195/45/16 all fall into your budget mate.

I would be picking between Pirelli and Vredesteins if it was my car. The pirellis are epic. They can take serious abuse!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Vredestein Sportrac 5s, Pirelli Pzero Neros Falken ZE914s in 195/45/16 all fall into your budget mate.

I would be picking between Pirelli and Vredesteins if it was my car. The pirellis are epic. They can take serious abuse!

Cheers mate. Im just not sure if i should go for the 205 40 over the 195 45....:S

Passat
I'd say Pirellis too.

I wouldn't have thought there'd be much difference in wear between the 195 and 205. I've got 195's and they look fine in my opinion. Up to you I guess mate, 205's are probably a tad more expensive.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Cheers mate. Im just not sure if i should go for the 205 40 over the 195 45....:S

I would just go with the 195/45. Unless your silly low I can't see a reason to go for a lower profile. Plus a properly grippy performance tyre such as the Pirelli won't have as much sidewall flex anyway. I hammered mine constantly and saw 13k out of the fronts plus a full day at a 1/4 mile event.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I would just go with the 195/45. Unless your silly low I can't see a reason to go for a lower profile. Plus a properly grippy performance tyre such as the Pirelli won't have as much sidewall flex anyway. I hammered mine constantly and saw 13k out of the fronts plus a full day at a 1/4 mile event.

Cheers mate il have a look on the net for them then and see what price they are. No its not because of how low it is, its simply because i think they look better being low profile.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going for the michelin ps3's in 205/45/16.

If you're wearing the sidewalls though then it would indicate to not enough camber.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Not has t1r's but I've had hankook v12 and parada spec 2's (both have soft sidewalls) and not had an issue with wearing the sidewalls tbh.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I think t1rs are properly soft. I've ruined them on my older cars in less than 3k miles on the front. They do grip well in the dry but they are seriously soft.

PH1 Track Car
Got hankook v12s on mine and they're okay for the money. Just so you know though 182s came with 205/45 not 205/40

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all, some good suggestions and opinions gained.

I might now wait to get all 4 and in the mean time try and get hold of some 195 40 16, i just need 2 for my cup wheels to get me by as the rears are fine and then i can get all 4 new for the turinis later in the year.

If anyone has 2 195 40 16 going spare/cheap let me know. Il put a wanted thread up when i pay for membership again.

bg182ff
Pilot sport 3's for me as the exalto was what was designed to go on the 182 ff and with three great big rings running around them for when its wet to clear water im not trying any thing else ive had p zero nero's, conti's, falkens all were great in the dry but come the wet weather not 100% confident.the ps3's are pricy but ive made an exalto do 79,000!!!! And why try and skimp on the one thing that holds you to the road???

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Not has t1r's but I've had hankook v12 and parada spec 2's (both have soft sidewalls) and not had an issue with wearing the sidewalls tbh.

Hankook sidewalks are soft but they still are a good value tyre.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Michelins are without doubt the best tyre iv ever had. They came on 3 of turinis i bought and although probably only had around 4mm left and they still lasted longer than the brand new budget i bought off a mate cheap as i needed a 4th.

So what are we saying dont have soft sidewalls? Pirellis?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
In your budget Pirellis don't. Contis won't be too bad either but not something I would buy personally.
Vredesteins would be good as well.