ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help me video card experts!!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I would go for the 8800GTS. I have the BFG 8800GTX version and love it:). It runs most games at the highest settings with ease. I run Quake 4 at 16xAA at around 30/40 fps solid (in single player).

Also the 8800GTS is Directs 10, so it will run in Vista once Nvidia release some good drivers for it!.

Take a look hear: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php?

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Mk2
just make sure if ur going for the 8800 you have enough room in your case mate and ur motherboard has a PCIx16 not PCI x8. If i remember rightly you also need a 500w minimum power supply to run one!

Revels Mum & Sister
I am surprised you havent had power issues with the 7950, cant see that being anymore power hungry than the 8800

8800 all the way as well.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - the 8800 would be the suggestion from me. I only opted for a another 7900GTX recently, simply to match the one I already had in the case.

I forfeited DX10 functionality for the chance of SLi. When games truly utilise SLi (rather than merely acknowledge its presence) then the difference is amazing. I retried CoD2 with the 'SLi optimization' option ticked - fecking hell! :cool:

My theory is that if you're starting afresh with a new card, buy the best you can afford. That way, when the tech price drops in approx 6 months, you can pick up the same card for roughly half the price - and double the spec (almost!) Worked for me, anyway.

D.