ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help me with some bits to buy

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
right i need some help with getting a car spotless so here is a list of what ive got and what im planning to get, can anyone let me know if i would require anything else please?

i have auto glym car shampoo with 2 buckets and 2 microfibre washmits (1 dirty, 1 clean)
an autobrite HD foam lance and some magifoam
some megs clay bar
a megs machine polisher with megs 80 and 83 iirc, and a few diffrent pads
some aytoglym HD wax
for the wheels which are recently refurbed i have some C5 thart im going to apply before i put tyres on and put them on the car
some megs gel for the tyres

now i understand i need some IPA?
and i need to give the wheel arches a proper scrub so i need some APC
and im thinking of getting some C3(iirc) to tart up all the plastics, or are there some other options?

im currently looking at these on ebay for IPA and APC but i wanted to check ive got the right stuff...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110575434208
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320769336315

do i need anything else?

cheers

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ohh i have a vinyl roof too so whats best to get this looking its best?

car is monaco blue btw :)

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
tbh i only went with ebay because im doing a bbulk buy on a load of stuff (i love ebay basket lol)

c4 might be a good shout but id need something for the vinyl then too.

have loats of cloths 1 drying towel and i need some detailing brushes ideally

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
TBH i really do rate Autobrite bubble gum vinyl and trim,

its £9 for 500ml and that will last at least two washes, it will also be able to be applied to the vinyl roof.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
look at AF revive as a cheap non permanent alternative to C4 for plastics. A tar remover like tardis is always good and ironX for removing iron filings from all the metal work I seem to remember reading.

Have a look at i4detailing or cleanyourcar as they do CS discount or rewards points system and do Meguiars and IPA and most other bits in fact.