ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with coilovers please

so i have some gaz fully adjustables, they have a knob at the bottom of the rear ones for stiffness and also the two rings to adjust ride height, now cos im on 15s it looks too high at the back for my taste, i like the slammed look of most of the tyre hidden away, i have plenty of clearane to do this.

So last night we dropped it an extra 20mm and theres still 40mm to go if I wanted, i have about 1cm of tyre tucked underneath but im in need of more, problem is its on hard springs, 600lb ones but i have the softer set i could stick on, 350lb. is this better for going lower as this cup handles like a dream but now its lower ive lost some stability, seems theres not much travel now. im more of a straight line driver but its nice to be able to still keep the back end in shape for whenever i need it. No silly comments please we all have our own taste and i dont just want what everbody else has in terms of looks, thanks

It seems thats the comprimise, i really know f**k all on how this set up work but im sure its set for track but i done plan to ise it that way incase i bin it. Rather take her up santa pod, much safer.

Like this
image.png

172 cup
I had it lower with softer springs on the back, I kept playing with it and raising it up because it drove s**t. How you bought it was as good as I could get it between being low and handling good. The biggest problem was that to keep the front the front lower or at least level with the back the front anti roll bar would hit the subframe and I think that was what caused handling to be s**t. I'd say either leave it as it was or buy bigger wheels or see about getting the kit someone sells on here, ball joints and track rods with extenders. That will drop the bottom arm and anti roll bar down again away form the subframe.

cup 172 , Saxo vts
@notfastnotfurious I think it looks lower than it is on that pick if you seen it on Instagram add me mikeprout91. You'll see on other pics it's not as low it's on standard shocks and 30mm springs but it's a cup I believe they sit lower anyway if yours isn't one ?

@mikecup172 yeah i got a cup model, i have 15s so your turinis will sit fuller in there anyway, i seem to be sticking to the ground fairly well still so i wont go any lower now. Think im 50 or 60 down. How does yours handle?

Amg A class, M3 CSL
I'm no expert with the Clio set up but being front wheel drive 600 should be fine at the back for track, you could go higher, I wouldn't go any softer. If it's for road then yes probably go softer and try the 350's. Have you had the car properly aligned?
I'm not sure how many clicks you have on the damper, if you have 10 on the rears I would suggest 6 up from soft in the dry and say 3 up from soft in the wet, then dial in to suit. Run the fronts softer both spring rates and damper settings.

Amg A class, M3 CSL
Although I've just seen in the for sale section someone is selling a set up with spring rates 450 up front and 400 rears. Each to their own, coming from fiesta racing we were soft front 300/400, hard rears 900/1000

Hey @s.mac i wont be tracking this incase of binning it, just hard street use really. The car was properly set up as far as im aware, @stevie1 had this for 5 years before me so only he really knows. Ill try the clicks youve suggested and see, i made them 3 or 4 harder and lost the back end several times even in the dry so put it back to how it was. If i go softer springs then stick an anti roll bar on the back would that be better or just rhe same as hard springs?

Amg A class, M3 CSL
Just back the dampers off front and back and see how you go, you could go 2 clicks from soft up front one 4 from soft rear. You've got it more set up for track. We set the rears up hard because it just follows the front but if you unsettle the car they just snap.
If you've lowered it you should get it 4 wheel aligned to make sure nothing has altered.