ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!! Need to lower air inlet temps

Renaultsport Clio 172
I need your help to lower the inlet temperatures in my 172

It seems to be higher than other 172's, one reason I can find is the fact my plenum is painted with engine paint (ceramic). Besides air feeds (which already have been uprated) and depaint, what other options can I have. Will the V6 box lower the temps?

Thanks,
Mauricio

Black Clio GT
twin cafs and bigger diameter air box (v6 one).
heat wrap the manifiold and ptfe gaskets and match the inlets.

doesnt help living in mexico city in the middle of summer though.......

Renaultsport Clio 172
twin cafs and bigger diameter air box (v6 one).
heat wrap the manifiold and ptfe gaskets and match the inlets.

doesnt help living in mexico city in the middle of summer though.......

Thanks por de advice, I already have matched inlets, uprated feeds and panel filter (K&N). would like to try the gaskets.

Does anyone think inlet painted can help retaining heat?

Black Clio GT
possibly but i think is more to do with heat transfer, any risidual heat would go into surounding components and keep under bonnet temps high anyway .

Renaultsport Clio 172
What colour is the paint?

It's red, ceramic, intended for engine block painting. IN the chart below mine is the green line. the red line is also another 172 with same intake setup = Stock Box, bar mine has panel filter (K&N). Only difference is painting. Will start with that, de-painting the thing!!!

4577198157_10815b27b6_o.jpg

Lionel Richie
that's one reason why aluminum parts are "rough" externally, larger surface area = better heat disipation