ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed Please Look

Renault Clio 1.2 16v MK3
I do not as yet have pics
I have a 2004 clio 1.2 16v and just below the airfilter where the engine (crank) joins on to i think the gearbow the seal is leaking oil, how bigger job is this> how much will it cost? and how urgent is it?

Thankyou

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Take it to your dealer. You have a warranty. Use it.

Oh you're car is a Mk2 Ph2 on an 2004 plate, not a MK3.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v MK3
yeah i need to change that lol, will it still be under warranty with 172 wheels lowering springs induction kit and decat?

Monaco Blue Mk2
As long as the mods haven't caused the problem. You may want to take them of to be on the safe side. I seem to have a similar problem at the minute but I'm not sure if it's an old problem and the oil hasn't been cleaned up so I'm cleaning it up to see if anymore appears. I don't have warrenty though. :(

My 04 182 had a leak between the engine and gearbox - I think from new. Renault managed to fix that one for me under warranty - but it took them over a week and the techie told me the engine box and subframe have to come out - although they often talk cr@p.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v MK3
DarthCake said:
What are you bumping for? The answer was in my post.

because i need to know how urgent it is and if its a big job as i work mon-sat 8-7 and use my car for buisness so it is near impossible to book it in to a dealer.

also how common it is and what may have caused it.