ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP needed please!!

Clio 172
Hi

I have brought a clio 172- I think the car is running rich. ( as I can smell fuel when the car has stopped) I think the car has been remapped.

Thanks Graham

Nil presently.
Hi there Graham, you'll probably have to give the guys a little more to go on, as I believe rich consumption can be caused by a variety of different factors, and isn't specific to one problem (mine was caused by a duff thermostat).

That said, speak with the previous owner, see if they have any details about possible remapping or engine work? It's not much, but it's a starting point.

Best of luck mate.

Clio 172
The guy who had the car before me was in the Renault sports club not to sure how I would contact him?as the person who sold it me had it a a px I think.basically the car drives and runs fine no lights on dashboard or anything but it just seems abit lumpy and when in low gears it's kind of jumpy? Then when pulled up at traffic lights or just ticking over you can smell the fuel so just wasn't sure if running rich would be the issue?

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Clean the manifold intake butterfly. Plastic elbow off. Clean rag on both sides of the bfy and the intake. It's surprising how a little bit of residue affects lumpy running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk