ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed! Tyre width different - Please

1.6 16v
I have got 2 new PZeros and they are 205/40R17 just like my other tyres but they are about 1.5cm wider. Will these rub on the archs now because of the extra width??

Does anyone know??

Cheers Steve

depends on the offset of your wheels for the rear - might catch the arches.
I changed my front ones from Eagle f1'S to Yokohama Paradas a couple of weeks ago but they rubbed the front inner arches (car is very low) - ow changed back to new eagle F1's and have no rubbing at all

i have p zero neros on the back with 17 inch wheels - mine are et42 offset - no rubbing at all - although again if I put them on the front they catch the inner arches so best thing I can say is leave them on the back.

My car is lowered by approx 50mm so is quite low - if yours isnt that low it should be better anyway

1.6 16v
its lowered -60mm, they are for the back. I just dont want them to start rubbing on the arch liners.

Are your wheels 205/40/R17's??

I dont know what my offset is. How do i find out?

Steve

M2 Competition
The tyres are the same size mate??

They probably look wider, as they're flat at the mo. When you fit and inflate them, they'll balloon up, and look same size as the ones fitted.

I had 205 40 17's on the same car, lowered 60mm, never rubbed.

1.6 16v
kool cheers mate. thats what i have on my 17's and lowered -60mm and dont rub now but they looked bigger so thought they mite.

but didnt think about them ballooning up etc.

Cheers mate.

Got the same prob as you mate (Tim knows!!). Just got Michellin Pilot Sports on the rear and they rub with just me in the car where as the Toyos I had on there that are now on the front didn't. Going to have to swap them over and see how the Michellin's get on at the front, fingers crossed there's more room!!