ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed!

Clio 172
Hi folks,

I have a bit of a problem, I drove up North for the festive period and while on the road the began to make a loud droning noise. I have recently had the wheel bearings changed on the car so I guess this is not the problem. Around 5 miles before my destination the car started vibrating havily and when at full lock there is loud knocking. I am guessing this is the driveshaft, however I am unsure exactly how to tell and also what side it is.

I have around a 250 mile drive home, will the car be ok to drive home if I go steady? If not where can I get a driveshaft from and roughly how much are they?

Any help info would be great. Thanks

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
When my driveshaft went the noise sounded like a Chinook helicopter. It's probably ok to drive as damage is already done. My offside driveshaft cost about £200 fitted.