ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed

Not being nasty but why make a new thread every-time instead of sticking to one and posting in that?

clio mk2
Yeah it looked fine to me, what's the most effective way to check? And would you say it still needs cleaning?

clio mk2
Getting the head skimmed on Monday and the bloke doing it said the I don't need to remove the valves but I had a look at them and they are petruding so I don't see how it can get skimmed like that? Any easy way around that?

Cup In bits
Valves look below flush mate? It depends how he mills it. If he fly cuts it all at once you will need to remove protruding valves, if he is using a milling head he can steer around the valves.

Its better to have it fly cut as there is no chance of varying thickness /lips.

clio mk2
Ok cheers will find out how they are going to do It. Think it will be fly cut as its in a big engineering place

Cup In bits
I think your on about the locating dowel at the top left of your 2nd pic, you can remove it with pliers.

clio mk2
I will remove that anyway but in the second pic you can see the valve that's second in from the right is sticking out slightly more than the others for some reason?

clio mk2
Can I remove the cam without having to take the valves out then? And also I take it I will have to remove the rockers?