ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help not rev over 3ooo

hi turned my car on and got a light on the dash the one with a box with a heart beat line in it then tried to drive and it would not go over 3000 rev i gave it to a garage and they have changed the ignition leads and a new throttle pedel but after £250 pounds later they still dont know whats wrong has anyone got any ideas?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It could be the throttle body?

I had the same and it's usually the throttle pedal sensor or the throttle body itself, and seeing as you've done the throttle pedal already probably worth trying a replacement body.

Couple of hundred notes from Renault, £30 secondhand off here, or swap yours with someone else's from here to see if it cures it...only a 10 minute job and 4 10mm bolts to swap.

ff 182
bought a new pedal from renault for £59 that way you know you wont have a problem again, takes 10mins to fit

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sounds like the car has went into limp mode.

Do not spend anymore money on it until its been through a diagnostic....