ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help picking a crumpler...

After I sell my Lowepro (see bottom link) I'm looking for a bigger home, I already have a big home that holds ALL my gear but need a day to day run around.

Looking at the Crumpler Pretty Boy but what size do people recommend. Needs to hold 2 lenses, a body, flash + have room for bits like filters etc. Namely a 40D + 70-200 F4 with room for a 430EX and a smaller lens like a 10-22, 28 f/1.8 or 85 f/1.8

Problem is the images on http://www.crumpler.co.uk don't help me much (aka useful as a nun in a brothel), most of them have a small 350D stuffed inside for a start..

p.s. help fund this bag by buying my old starter rig! :D
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=359219

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i use a lowepro bag i got my d2x, 70-200 2.8vr, sigma 10-20, nikon 50mm, sigma 24mm 2.8, nikon 28-105, sb800, couple filters, 5 2gb extreme 3, flash stand flash gels, d2x manual sb800 manual, 10aa batts all in it... plus a few other things i cant think of...

i think its about the same size as the crumpler bag but nicer i personally think... and has a pull out waterproof bag that comes out the back/bottom out a pouch and fits over the entire thing, bag is splash proof on its own but the waterproof bag makes it a bit safer... this is what i normally carry with me but sometimes switch a few things around to get some extra sb800s in... though if i keep 2 of the 800's in their own pouches they clip on the side of the bag easy enough... its more rectangle and solid than the crumpler but u can still squish it down...

the sling bags are pretty cool but cant fit a huge amount in them

i want a burton zoom now they look REALLY good, its a backpack but they open from the bit that touches your back, plus have room for laptop...

bag i have is a lowepro nova summit or other all weather one, if i need to carry more i use a hard case but then always take a top loader or my lp nova with me so i can pick out what i want and take it instead of a massive hard case... i really dont like the crumpler bags for some reason... kata make nice bags too... or think tank.

I have a Crumpler Nikon that holds my 18-200 30mm and flash with all my little extras. I also have a lowepro mini TLZ that hold my D40 with Sigma 30mm & flash if I go light!