ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please broken down

Mk2 172 Cup
Ok guys so I was on my way home ad the car just died, electronic fault came on and when I came to a rolling stop the battery light come on
i tryed to start it up and it just kept turning over
I then waited 10 mins and tryed to start the car again and the stop light was flashing
then wen I was turning the key nothing was happening at all
i pushed the car down the road into a street off the main road and tryed again and now it is just turning over with stop light flashing

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Okay stop... If it's flashing the "STOP" Inside the engine light the you have a Level 2 failure... normal cause is actuator relay control. The problem is most likely the small black relays them self but can also be broken wiring in the loom itself.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Is the coil pack cable firmly on the pack. I've had them fall off before.

UCH fuse is a little 5 amp one in the fuse box. Unlikely to be that I think as your car was going and then packed up. Unplug the sensors on the inlet manifold so the ECU runs off its standard base values. Usual fuse, he means the UCH fuse!

Can you hear the car priming when you turn the key?

Unlikely to be the alternator as the car still turns over. Unless the light came on and then the car died. If the car died and then it came on that's a sign it's something else.

Is the alternator wire intact/connected?

Mk2 172 Cup
Coil wire is connected (first thing I checked)
alternator is fine
dont remember if the pump was priming and it's on the other side of the estate I'm home now lol

Mk2 172 Cup
Okay stop... If it's flashing the "STOP" Inside the engine light the you have a Level 2 failure... normal cause is actuator relay control. The problem is most likely the small black relays them self but can also be broken wiring in the loom itself.

Is the coil pack cable firmly on the pack. I've had them fall off before.

UCH fuse is a little 5 amp one in the fuse box. Unlikely to be that I think as your car was going and then packed up. Unplug the sensors on the inlet manifold so the ECU runs off its standard base values. Usual fuse, he means the UCH fuse!

Can you hear the car priming when you turn the key?

Unlikely to be the alternator as the car still turns over. Unless the light came on and then the car died. If the car died and then it came on that's a sign it's something else.

Is the alternator wire intact/connected?

ok lads I have just been up to look at the car and the fuel pump isn't priming at all

Mk2 172 Cup
I gave them all a push to make sure they where in properly but that's about it mate, not sure what relays to fiddle with

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Is there voltage at the fuel pump connector when you turn the key. Check under the rear seat, DC, 12v on a multi meter.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I gave them all a push to make sure they where in properly but that's about it mate, not sure what relays to fiddle with

That's not overly scientific i'm afraid - You need to do some more work to check these where having a DMM to hand will be of great use. If you have one handy give me a call on the business line and i'll try to walk you thru it.

Mick