ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please heat shield

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So it looks like my hunt for a rear back box heat shield is coming up fruitless! So I’m going to try and make one out of something like nimbus. Difficulty is I do not have a template to work from. Does anyone have the dimensions of the back box heat shield On a 182? Appreciate it’s not needed, but given the amount of effort I have gone to in renovating the backside of my car I’d like one. If someone has a photo as well of the shield off the car it would be a massive help.

Cheers

Russ

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
No he has exactly what I want, but wants them in better condition...I know that they are bloody near impossible to find now. So he’ll struggle. Hence why I have been looking into building one myself, but I really want an OEM one. Bloody nightmare

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
No he has exactly what I want, but wants them in better condition...I know that they are bloody near impossible to find now. So he’ll struggle. Hence why I have been looking into building one myself, but I really want an OEM one. Bloody nightmare
I doubt you'll find any in decent condition tbh. Mine have big penny washers and CT1 sealant holding them in place.
Get him to measure round them on some paper and make your own like you mentioned out of nimbus or something similar.

Clio 200
This is what Renault sent to me

Attachments

• 42AB6592-B78A-4FD2-87F1-20EC8C6FC373.png
    42AB6592-B78A-4FD2-87F1-20EC8C6FC373.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 103
  Clio 200
Sorry wrong photo

7700436959 £23.53 including vat and available from Lutterworth distribution centre.

The small on to the side is no longer marketed by Renault.

The heatshield that covers the boot floor is also no longer marketed by Renault however it does give a part number of which is 8200336738 , however they no longer sell

Attachments

• 673D4338-94F8-4923-805E-3E395FF2A075.jpeg
    673D4338-94F8-4923-805E-3E395FF2A075.jpeg
    484.3 KB · Views: 60
  Clio 200
It was me trying to use old threads 😂 ... I’ve been looking for a solution other than ending up with washers matching frisbees ! .. I threw my line and caught frayz 🎣 😄 thanks for the tips

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Fine. Be like that. I was only trying to help!
🤣
Yeah you can stick your helpfulness! 😂 it was a bloody nightmare finding one and when I did it took some bloody work to straighten! I was all set on making a new one out of nimbus! Glad I didn’t bother, I sold the car about a month later 😂

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Quick question @ frayz … how did you remove the original nuts / fixings holding the heat shields on? I’m guessing the threads must be really badly rusted on the majority of Clio 182’s by now so what’s the solution if the fixings don’t back off?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to revive this thread again, my 182 has gained a bit of a heatshield rattle, mine are a bit cracked by the mounts and I'm not sure massive penny washers are the best solution.
I'd like to go the frayz route with heatshield material between the penny washers and the original heatshield, but what should I buy for that? All I can find on eBay is heatshield tape or cloth wrap which I don't think will be rigid enough. Any ideas?