ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please:I Gotta Coolant Leak!!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Right last night started to smell coolant burning,

Got home and checked - bottle empty - Fcuk! however no indication that car was over heating topped bottle it only took 1/2-3/4L to put it back on the max level, So Im guessing that there was still a fair bit in the system.

looked around the piping and there is burnt coolant all over the pipes that run from the back of the pump towards the heater matrix.

went for a gentle drive, no sign of fresh leakage, checked the bottle again and it was between the min and max, allowing for some fluid to be in the pipes etc, drove to work this morning nice and steady but 1 long traffic jam still no sign of fresh leakage or overheating and the coolant level has remained the same.

By the looks of the splatter pattern I would say that it is coming out with some force (sprayed all over, rather than a puddle under the car), and with it not happening whilst driving gently i't would suggest that it happening whilst revving hard. I wont get a chance to take it apart until sat,

Does anyone know of any specific faults with the coolant system ??
Im hoping its a loose jubilee clip or slightly split hose?

Any suggestions?? Also At the mo I am just topping it up with a all round coolant/antifreeze from a petrol station, when I fix and flush the system what coolant should I use??

Cheers
K