ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please Windows problem urgent!

Yesterday I was browsing through my internet connection settings and was having a look in the content section.
I decided to enable it to see what effect it would have and now everytime I click a link or try to change page I have to type in a password to access it.I have tried going back into it but the disable button is not highlighted and it will not let me click it. I have tried taking the password function of but then it just won't let me access the site.
I have two users on this computer and I logged on as the other user and it let me disable their content section but has not made any difference to my side of it.
I have clicked on their help section but it says because I have Windows XP I would have to contact them directly.
This is so annoying can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Tesla MP3 2021
its basically like a fliter, to filter certain types of websites. i.e pron and so on...

can you go into settingstab which is next to the enable button...maybe you can turn it off in there, did you type in a password when you enabled it.

Clellandmc As far as I know you need to create restore points do you not so I couldn't have done this?
Biffons Bridge yeah that's what I was trying I had to create a password last night as I don't think it's been touched before. I tried the settings tab but their wasn't anything in their it turns out all i had to do was disconnect from the net and it let me do it so it's now back to normal.
Thanks

If system restore is enabled it should automatically create restore points at certain intervals.

Clio 172 Mk2
Yesterday I was browsing through my internet connection settings and was having a look in the content section.
I decided to enable it to see what effect it would have and now everytime I click a link or try to change page I have to type in a password to access it.I have tried going back into it but the disable button is not highlighted and it will not let me click it. I have tried taking the password function of but then it just won't let me access the site.
I have two users on this computer and I logged on as the other user and it let me disable their content section but has not made any difference to my side of it.
I have clicked on their help section but it says because I have Windows XP I would have to contact them directly.
This is so annoying can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

if worse comes to worse, if its OK on the other profile, delete your user profile (make sure that My Documents is backed up) and then start again from scratch