ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please...

Wow...im the newest member! heh

I am a member of corsa c uk...as i currently have a corsa...

i have been offered a cliosport 172 for cheap money and have decided to read up a little about them...i hear they are very fun to drive and reliable too...

However, i have a few questions, and would be v. greatful is somebody could help me with them...they must be obvious for ppl who know...but after all im a newb! lol

First, what is the difference between all the models?
172 cup
and 182 trophy or something?

and what sort of spec should i be looking for...(best things to have, and some things that i dnt really need).

thanx for your help...

mario

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Welcome to the forum, i'm on corsa c uk aswell, cant wait to get rid of the corsa though haha only had it 2 month, only got it to build up a years no claims

172 the only different from the cup is that the cup doesnt come with half leather interior, and doesnt come with air con either, also the cup as different wheels from the standard 172

182's obviously are 182bhp, the only real difference from the 172 to look at it is the wheels, and the twin exhausts on the 182. Also various different colours etc

2004 1.2 Dynamique
This is a phase 1 172, the lights are more rounded than the phase 2 172

fox1379.gif

phase 2 172

my.php

attachment.php
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9229&d=1151599771

172 cup, somes with oz super ts and is only available in blue, and silver

PC120154.jpg

P1030242.jpg

No difference engine wise between a 172 and a 172cup just the 172cup is lighter and has different suspension, no aircon and no leather interior

The 182

S2400032s.jpg

S2400030s.jpg

182 trophy

STA70040.jpg

Oh and heres a 182 cup and a trophy

trohycup1uu.jpg

lol...

thanx a lot guys...great help...

had a little read in other threads too, and im starting to see it all...bloody confusing though! lol

i like the twin exhausts of the 182, but they are obviously more expensive than the 172's...

got a bit of a decision to make really...

ive been offered a nice 172, 18" alloys, lowered, 02 reg with 26k for just under 6 grand...

Monaco Blue Mk2
Hi mate, welcome to cliosport.

Under 6k with low milage on an 02 plate seems a pretty good deal. Assuming it's all good I'd definately say go for it. First thing to do though would be to sell the 18's and buy some good wheels on which the car will handle well! lol 15's or 16's maximum for best handling.

yer, i agree...

i have dropped my corsa n ive got 16s on it atm...handles pretty well...

would hate to see what a 172 handles like with 18's...think they are too big...

mind you...the owner is a 46 year old who never races, and its in really good condition so everything seems rite at the moment...

Chocolate Bar™
i'm on corsa c too, as girlfriend owns one! good little cars, but the clio is better ;)