ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help pls

black golf v6 4 motion

can anyone suggest how i can restore my plastic trim on my cup on the doors as they are col coded (obviously) but they have turned white with the polish help pls i have tried waxing cleaning and other stuff....

Are they painted blue or or are they blue plastic?

If theyre blue plastic, then try something like Autoglym "Exterior Trim" stuff. If theyre painted blue, then surely theyd only go white if theyd faded?

black golf v6 4 motion

not sure they are standard as u get them on the cup dont know if theyre plastic or painted blue anyone else know

know what you mean. its that weird matt paint... shows really bad if your cack handed at polishing like me.

the only way i found to get it off was up close an personal with the industrial Karcher pressure washer (with traffic film remover) but the wax comes right off.

the way to stop it happeing again is to paint them shiny not matt.

black golf v6 4 motion

yeah my mates at bodyshop suggested that and i will i think once i have removed the white sh*t....... so up close with a high pressure washer jet u say with traffic film remover will remove the crap..... wots that about the wax?

i polish my car with AUTOGLYM polish...

then wax the car with.....wait for it AUTOGLYM wax...

polish cleans an protects the paint surface, but wax covers an shines the layer of polish. you can over polish a car, think of it as the weaker brother of T-CUT.

slapping on that wax once a month means its easier to get a good shine just using cheapo wash wax.

traffic film remover removes all traces of wax an polish. which usually means the birds come out an crap everywhere an melt the paint